Here is a link to archived webinars on the Gale Databases: http://statelibrary.mykansaslibrary.org/?p=10364
Several weeks ago, the State Library of Kansas and Kan-Ed announced
strategic changes to the statewide database package.
Effective August 1, 2010, new products, available to everyone in the
state, will expand in some areas. In other areas, comparable databases
will replace those of our former supplier. Products to be added,
● Student Resource Center Gold
● DISCovering Collection
● Junior Reference Collection
● Student Edition
● Junior Edition
● Kids InfoBits
● History Resource Center – U.S.
● History Resource Center – World
● Books & Authors
● Job & Career Accelerator
● Learning Centers – 4th grade through College
● Microsoft, Adobe, Corel and Windows/ Mac online classes
● Occupation practice tests – air traffic controller to teacher
Current products, including Heritage Quest and Nursing / Allied Health
Journals, Chilton’s Auto Repair, Literature Resource Center, OneFiles
and WorldBook Encyclopedia, will continue to be part of the statewide
As of July 31, the contracts with OCLC for WorldCat and Ebsco will end.
Corresponding products in our new line-up will replace Searchasaurus,
Kid Search, TopicSearch, Student Research Center, ERIC, Professional
Development Collection, Newspaper Source, and Novelist.